It is Friday! Sometimes at the end of the week, you just need a treat. These are relatively quick, very easy, and incredibly delicious.
Raspberry Mint Coconut Tarts
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups shredded coconut (sweetened)
- 8 ounces milk chocolate (broken up or chips)
- half a cup of coconut milk
- Step 1 First, you need to separate your egg yokes and whites. You will only need the whites for this recipe. Begin to slowly whisk the shredded coconut in with the egg whites.
- Step 2 Once thoroughly mixed, take out a muffin tin and spray it with a non stick.
- Step 3 Spoon the coconut into the tray and push it around the mold to form a cup. It will look similar to a birds nest.
- Step 4 Set the oven to 350 F and bake until they are golden brown.
- Step 5 In the meantime, in a sauce pan, warm up the coconut milk. Once it is heated, pour over the chocolate in a separate bowl and whisk together until it is silky smooth and has a shine.
- Step 6 When the tarts are done, take them out of the oven and allow them to cool.
- Step 7 Once cool, spoon the chocolate into the cups and place in the fridge for approximately 20 minutes.
- Step 8 When the chocolate has set but still has a bit of give to it, remove from the refrigerator and garnish with 1 raspberry and 2 mint leaves. Place back in the fridge and allow them to set for 1 hour.
- Step 9 Remove from the fridge and serve.
- Step 10 Enjoy!