August is around the corner! I cannot believe how quickly time has been going.
In Montreal, I spent most of my summers at our local community pool named ValleyCrest. Most people either owned a pool or were members or their community pool, as everyone would take the opportunity to spend time outside when it was warm. Having winter or cold weather 8 months of the year is not something that Virginians have to deal with, so swimming pools are more of an oddity here.
One thing that Richmonders take quite seriously over the summer (and really, all year round) is brunch. Richmond has a plethora of restaurants that serve up a delicious brunch, but most of the time they are reserved to Sundays. We have therefore been looking at brunch options that we can make ourselves on Saturdays, where we sit indoors and escape the humidity.
Every time we visit Josh’s parents, his mother, who is an excellent cook, usually has a quiche waiting to go for us. It is an easy option that can be made vegetarian and or gluten free. This is an adapted version of her quiche.
Gluten Free Spinach Quiche
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 and 1/2 cups 1% milk
- 1 pkg. vegetable mix soup (or chicken mix if that is more your taste)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese – another great cheese for quiche is gruyere.
- As much spinach as your heart desires.
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375F.
- Step 2 Mix everything together and pour it into your quiche dish.
- Step 3 I place my quiche dish on a cookie sheet in case anything spills over.
- Step 4 Bake for 45 minutes or until golden on top and you can insert a knife and it comes out clean.
- Step 5 Enjoy!
If you would like to use a crust, see this recipe.