In a previous post, I wrote about my love affair with the blog my darling lemon thyme. I found several recipes on her site that I decided on the spot I had to try. This is an adapted version of one of those.
I find that these are delicious right out of the oven but if you put them in the fridge they will last for several days and still be delicious.
I am a fan of fresh herbs and I love savory treats (also, I have a strong belief that strawberry jam is the best in the world). I therefore was super intrigued by putting thyme into a cookie recipe.
Strawberry Jam Thyme Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup blended unrefined raw sugar or regular white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped thyme leaves
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- heaps of strawberry jam!
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350 F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2 Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and thyme.
- Step 3 Sieve your flours and baking powder into your mixture.
- Step 4 Mix well
- Step 5 With your hands, roll small balls and place them on the baking sheet.
- Step 6 With your thumb, make indents in each cookie.
- Step 7 Fill the cookies with jam (do not skimp).
- Step 8 Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are a pretty golden color.
- Step 9 Remove from oven and let cool on the sheet for a few minutes – wait until they harden a bit and move them to a cooling rack.
- Step 10 Enjoy!