This week has had a lot of strawberries, and rhubarb. The combination is an absolute winner in pretty much all of its forms. This weekend, our friend Chris was visiting from New Jersey, and while he and Josh were nerding it up playing Magic I decided that I wanted to try to find a healthful recipe for the fruit. I ended up creating one that I think you are really going to love. It is simple, quick, and beyond delicious. The entire dish should be done in under 30 minutes. I think this is something that would be great for breakfast if you were to serve it with yogurt, or it could serve as a dessert. It really works for any time of the day. This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan friendly.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 6 tbsp granola - make sure it is gluten free.
- 1/2 stalk of rhubarb
- 10 large strawberries
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 360F.
- Step 2 Take 6 ramekins, and fill them with chopped strawberries and rhubarb. Take your maple syrup and evenly pour it over the fruit.
- Step 3 In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients with your hands. The heat from your hands will melt the coconut oil.
- Step 4 Cover the fruit, and top each with a tiny bit more granola if you wish.
- Step 5 Put in the oven and bake until it is golden and a bit crispy. It should not need more than 25M.
- Step 6 You can either serve immediately (it will be hot) or wait a few minutes.