Have you guys heard of the Macaroon Bible? I had not and let me tell you, Dan Cohen really wrote the Word on macaroons.
Our neighbors recently had a baby and nothing is better in my mind to prep you for all the stickiness that is to come with a newborn than some sticky cookies.
Macaroons are really simple, and this recipe is incredibly easy to follow.
June 14, 2017
: 24-30 Cookies
: 10 min
: 25 min
: 35 min
- 1cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- one 14-oz bag sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- The caramel in this recipe is more like a toffee.
- So you need :
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 350 F
- Step 2 In a bowl, mix together your coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla.
- Step 3 In a mixer, beat your egg whites (with the salt) until you get stiff peaks.
- Step 4 Mix them together in one bowl by folding them into each other.
- Step 5 Line a baking tray with parchment paper, make them the size you want.
- Step 6 Bake for 20-25 minutes (or until they are nice and golden).
- Step 7 Remove from oven, let them cool on a rack.- Keep your parchment paper and tray out- you will need it again.
- Step 8 While they are cooling make the caramel sauce- take a sturdy pot and on medium heat place the sugar in the pot. It will start to bubble a bit and caramelize- add your butter and continue to stir until you get the beautiful color and thickness of caramel.
- Step 9 Move the macaroons back onto the tray and parchment paper and drizzle the caramel all over em.
- Step 10 Let them cool for a few minutes, serve, and enjoy!