I have a belief that all tomatoes taste better when they have been roasted. I know that not everyone agrees with me, and that is entirely fine, but for me, I love roasted tomatoes. I will also eat almost anything if there is fresh mozzarella accompanying that dish. This is a very simple recipe and the results it yields are delicious.
Roasted Tomato Caprese Salad
- Cherry tomatoes- I like a mix.
- Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Optional - balsamic vinegar
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350F.
- Step 2 Put the tomatoes in a baking dish and cover them all with olive oil.
- Step 3 Dress them with salt and pepper.
- Step 4 Cook for 20 minutes.
- Step 5 Remove from oven, and transfer the tomatoes to your serving dish. Add the mozzarella and basil. The juice from the tomatoes mixed with the olive oil creates a delicious dressing for the salad and I often just use this. Feel free to add balsamic if you wish! Enjoy.