One of the things I love most about the spring and the summer is the fruit that becomes available. Peaches are one of my absolute favorites as there are so many things you can do with them. Recently, I saw a recipe for a berry galette and I was tempted to try it. It was delicious.
White Peach Galette
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- just under 4tbsp cold butter
- splash of vanilla (you can use paste but I used extract)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt.
- 4-5 peaches, depending on how thick you slice them
- pinch of sugar
- Step 1 To make the pastry and prep the peaches:
- Step 2 Put everything (except the egg) into the food processor. Allow it to make a crumble.
- Step 3 Add the egg, it will form a ball in the processor.
- Step 4 Remove ball and put in the fridge (I put mine in for an hour but the longer the better)
- Step 5 While in the fridge make the peaches- slice into the size you like and place them in a bowl. Take sugar (or coconut sugar) and cinnamon and make sure to cover all of the peach slices.
- Step 6 Remove the dough from the fridge, place it on baking paper and roll it into a circle.
- Step 7 Place the fruit in the middle and fold the dough over some of the fruit but leave the middle exposed. (I lifted up the parchment paper underneath the dough so I didn’t have to keep touching it).
- Step 8 Preheat oven to 350F
- Step 9 Egg wash the galette 2x
- Step 10 Bake for 30 mins and do the last 10 mins on broil.
- Step 11 It tastes great right out of the oven and for a few days after.
- Step 12 Enjoy